Current Graduate Students
Meng Tang, PhD Candidate
Meng is currently involved in the surrogate fuel formulation research studies, with its significance being in the area of energy diversification through experimental and numerical studies of the surrogate fuels in comparison to the target fuels. He is also involved in several experimental projects for understanding injector and ignition characteristics in the combustion vessel facilities at Michigan Tech. He has past experience in diesel fuel spray modeling in both CONVERGE and Ansys FLUENT.
Le (Emma) Zhao, PhD Candidate
Emma is interested in doing research work in the area of CFD and High Performance Computing. She holds a Masters degree from China with work relating to COMSOL simulations of nuclear reactor and similar technologies. Her previous work experience in Weichai Power includes CFD of IC engines using AVL Fire.
Xiucheng (Sheldon) Zhu, PhD Candidate
Sheldon is currently working on the spray-wall interaction including film characteristics at high pressure-temperature conditions, diesel/DME injection and combustion, and spark ignition. He is also interested in research of laser diagnostics of combustion, and CFD and high performance computing (Spark Ignition and Diesel/DME Injection Simulation). He has a background on energy and environmental system.
Zhihao is currently working on the spray-wall project.
Nitisha is currently working on the droplet-wall impingement test. She is currently working on the Hitachi as Co-Op.
Former Graduate Students
Dr. Anqi Zhang
Dr. Anqi Zhang is currently working for Ford Company at Detroit in Michigan, USA. He worked as a Post-Doc Scholar in Argonne National Lab.
His PhD Dissertation title is “Combustion Initiation by Electrical-Discharge-Induced Plasma in Lean and Dilute Methane-Air Mixture: Experimental and Modeling Investigation,” 10/7/2014.
Dr. Khanh Cung
Dr. Khanh Cung is currently working for Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) at San Antonio in Texas, USA. He worked as a Post-Doc Scholar in Argonne National Lab.
His PhD Dissertation title is “Spray and Combustion Characteristics of Dimethyl Ether under Various Ambient Conditions: An Experimental and Modeling Study,” 6/19/2015.
Dr. Khalid Zhouri
Dr. Khalid Zhouri is currently working for UTRC at Hartford in Connecticut, USA.
His PhD Dissertation title is “Performance Analysis on Hybrid Dye Sensitized Solar Cell and Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Using Water Electrolysis: Theoretical and Analytical Study,” 7/31/2015.
Dr. Ahmed Abdul Moiz
Dr. Ahmed Moiz Cung is currently working for Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) at San Antonio in Texas, USA. He worked as a Post-Doc Scholar in Argonne National Lab.
His PhD Dissertation title is “Low Temperature Split Injection Spray Combustion: Ignition, Flame Stabilization and soot Formation Characteristics in Diesel Engine Conditions,” 9/29/2016.
Former MS Graduate Students
- Sathya Prasad Potham, MS at MEEM, “Development of An Evaporation Sub-Model and Simulation of Multiple Droplet Impingement in Volume of Fluid Method,” 4/20/2017.
- Xiucheng Zhu, MS at MEEM, “High Injection Pressure DME Combustion Process,” 7/18/2016.
- Sanjeet Limbu, MS at MEEM, “Multi-Hole Impinging Jet Spray Analysis in Engine-like Conditions,” 11/16/2015.
- Ahmed Abdul Moiz, MS at MEEM, “Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Split Injecting Sprays under Diesel Engine Conditions,” 7/21/2014.
- Meghraj Bhagat, MS at MEEM, “Experimental and Numerical Analysis of Water Spray Injection at Elevated Engine like Conditions,” 2013.
- Anqi Zhang, MS at MEEM, “Effect of Electrical Discharge Pattern on Spark Ignited Flame Kernel Development,” 9/20/2012.
- Michael Norconk, MS at MEEM, “A Comprehensive Review and Application of Particle Image Velocimetry,” 6/13/2011.
- Chris Morgan, MS at MEEM, “Spray Characterization of Gasoline and E85 GDI under Starting Conditions in an Optical Access Constant Volume Combustion Vessel,” 12/21/2010.
- Rajat Arora, MS at MEEM, “Spray Characterization under Flash Boiling Conditions of a DI Multi-hole Injector at High Injection Pressures in a Combustion Vessel,” 12/9/2010.
Chunqiu Guo, MS
Lingyu Jiang, MS
Lingyu has a background in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing, skilled Solidworks, AutoCAD, CAXA, C++ programming and Ansys for engine control, modeling and data acquisition & analysis. Now she is working on topic of Converge and DME combustion as well as the lab support.